Demand grows for d-Nav Technology, the first FDA-cleared app to autonomously adjust insulin doses
Livonia, Michigan, Dec. 13, 2022 — Hygieia, a digital therapeutics company, has relocated and expanded its headquarters to accommodate additional staff as it continues significant growth and pursues partnerships with endocrinology practices across the United States. Hygieia’s expansion is in response to increased demand for access to its unique d-Nav® Technology, which delivers autonomous insulin dose recommendations for people with type 2 diabetes.
The company’s new headquarters in Livonia’s Laurel Office Park is 70 percent larger than its previous offices, to accommodate recent and planned staff growth.
New staffing has grown by nearly 30 percent since late 2020 with roles being filled in operations, IT, sales, marketing, and clinical support with a focus on recruiting bilingual RNs and medical staff to continue serving its diverse population of patients.
“With two-thirds of those with type 2 diabetes failing to get their blood sugar under control, there is an immediate market need for Hygieia’s d-Nav Technology. Our program helps people get the precise dose of insulin they need at every injection, without weekly visits to the doctor,” said Doug Lawrence, who was appointed Hygieia CEO in August. “We provide a digital therapeutic that helps physicians manage their patients’ insulin therapy more efficiently. Our team is growing so we can seamlessly accommodate the increased demand.”
Since January 2022, Hygieia has:
- Named company co-founder Israel Hodish, M.D., Ph.D., medical director in addition to his role as research lead. Dr. Hodish oversees patient treatment plans and manages the clinical team.
- Entered into clinical partnerships with Metro Detroit Endocrinology Center in Dearborn, Mich.; Endocrine Associates of West Village, P.C., in Manhattan and Long Island City, N.Y.; and Physicians East in Greenville, N.C.
- Extended its international license in Northern Ireland, and added another in Israel.
- Announced the American Medical Association’s approval of two new Category III codes for autonomous insulin dose titration, which can be used for Hygieia’s d-Nav® Technology.
For more information on Hygieia and the d-Nav insulin management technology, visit d-Nav.com or call 734-369-9980.
Hygieia is the developer of d-Nav®, the first FDA-cleared technology to autonomously adjust insulin doses directly to the patient. d-Nav’s AI-powered technology automatically interprets patient data and independently initiates insulin management. The d-Nav Insulin Management Program adds clinical support that helps people with type 2 diabetes adjust their insulin doses according to their body’s changing insulin needs. Studies have shown that nearly 90 percent of people using d-Nav report lower A1C in just three months* without increasing the risk for hypoglycemia**. The d-Nav Insulin Management Program has been peer-reviewed with studies published in leading medical journals. Hygieia is headquartered in Livonia, Michigan. Learn more at d-Nav.com.
* John E Schneider et al. Impact of a Novel Insulin Management Service on Non-insulin Pharmaceutical Expenses. J Health Econ Outcomes Res. 2018 Feb 20;6(1):53-62. https://jheor.org/article/9783
** Richard M Bergenstal et al. Automated insulin dosing guidance to optimise insulin management in patients with type 2 diabetes: a multicentre, randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2019 Mar 16;393(10176):1138-1148. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30808512/